The Garhwal region of Uttarakhand never fails to amaze us with its impeccable beauty and brimming aesthetic shine that forces us to visit every part of it. We feel so close to nature and leave the annoying stress of the world behind. No doubt, the best trekking trails in Garhwal are soothing and deserve our undivided attention.
Not only the beauty but the people of these Himalayan villages make our trek in Himalayas worth everything. They are so nice and filled with warmth. They will treat you as if you were one of their own, and you will have the best time of your life there.
The flora and fauna grow there as if someone has implanted them for your welcome. This was the reason that some of the unexplored trails were discovered back then. Some local trekking trails have significance for pilgrimage but the trails which were properly documented by British mountaineers and other trekkers were total with the spirit of trekking.
In the same vein, we will provide you with information on five fantastic trekking routes in the Garhwal Himalayas.
One of the most amazing and top-rated hiking routes in the Garhwal Himalayas is Har Ki Dun Trek. What’s even more fascinating is that its summer beauty is just as enticing as its winter beauty.
- On the western flank of Garhwal, the Har Ki Dun valley is located in the Uttarkashi district.
- Har Ki Dun is a hanging valley in the middle of Govind Ballabh Pant National Park, at a height of 11,800 feet, that connects you with the true splendour of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand.
- You’ll go through some of India’s most remote villages, which have been undisturbed by civilization. The stories and meals will bring you back thousands of years and it will be a memory that you cherish for the rest of your life.
- The entire Har Ki Dun & Ruinsara Tal trek is lined by a stunning array of meadows, pine trees, and other flora and fauna.
- In the winter, your eyes will be treated to the breathtaking splendour of snow-capped Himalayan peaks such as the Swargarohini group, Kala Naag, Bandarpoonch, and many others.
One of the most popular treks in the northern Himalayas is the Valley of Flowers trek. It is regarded as the ideal trekking location for nature and adventure enthusiasts during the monsoon.
- Valley of Flowers is an Indian National Park located in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district.
- It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is home to a diverse range of flowering flora as well as endangered wildlife such as Asiatic Black Bears, Red foxes and Brown bears.
- The journey through the lush trees and along the Pushpawati river never fails to pique your interest.
- This beautiful valley’s alpine vegetation covers an area of around 87.5 square kilometres.
- The long, daring & peaceful trek through the Hemkund Sahib, however, is the most fascinating and should not be missed.
Nature is all you care about and talk about when you’re on your way to exploring. Kuari pass is one such trek that must be on everyone’s bucket list. located in the middle of the Himalayas and also known as Lord Curzon’s trail, the Kuari pass trek is one of the best winter treks in the Garhwal region. It starts from Joshimath and further goes to Brahmatal valley.
- Kuari Pass trek is the only trekkable pass in Uttarakhand during the winter season.
- Lord Curzon is credited for discovering and documenting the famous journey from Joshimath to Kuari Pass, which offers a unique view of the Himalayas from close quarters.
- On the routes, you will be familiar with nature’s interchangeable beauty, which ranges from autumn’s yellow-orange hues to blue-brown highlands and snow-capped peaks.
- Fir and Oak trees have totally engulfed the jungles. You can stumble upon the footsteps of the uncommon Himalayan bear and leopard in the winter.
- The Rhododendrons blazing red blossoms stamp an incredible beauty in your eyes that will never fade.
To be a true adventure seeker, you must visit locations you have never visited before. Dayara Bugyal trek is an overlooked gem that you should not overlook. It is a choice of the trekker community as well as beginners.
- Dayara Bugyal trek begins from traditional Himalayan villages, then heads directly into dense woodland, ending in lush green meadows on all sides.
- The majority of trekkers prefer to begin their journey in Barsu village and then descend via Raithal, admiring the mountains draped with nature’s gifts of flora and fauna.
- Dayara Bugyal is a place where you can create memories at an altitude of 12,000 feet.
- It is regarded as the best hike for beginners.
Deoriatal & Chandrashila Trek is a hidden jewel in the Himalayan arms. Chandrashila’s meaning is moon rock, which represents its entire potential.
- Chandrashila is situated at a height of around 4000 metres above sea level and offers a breathtaking vista.
- From Chandrashila peak, you can see Himalayan peaks including Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Dome, Bandarpunch, and Chaukhamba.
- The entire hike is filled with intriguing sights such as rare Himalayan birds, blossoms, and a serene setting.
- The route is ablaze with blossoms in the summer, particularly red and pink rhododendrons, and foggy in the winter, with lots of possibilities to play in the snow.
There you have it, all the reasons to explore the fantastic trekking destination of the Garhwal Himalayas in Uttarakhand. So arrange your visit with Tripotude to the Himalayas, before getting old or getting lost in the entanglements of life.